Andrew Diprose is the CEO at Rootwave, a UK tech startup that aims to provide a sustainable and efficient solution to weed problems by zapping them from the root up. The goal is to reduce weeds without using chemicals which could help solve soil contamination issues. His role is to lead the product and technology department, making sure the technology is safe and effective when it is commercially available in 2020.
Andrew joins me today to discuss Rootwave, what inspired him to start this type of technology, and how it works. He explains the need for clean methods of killing weeds relative to soil health and describes some of the ways this technology is superior to the conventional means of removing weeds in farms. He also shares his prediction of what agriculture will look like in the future.
“Electricides will be a benefit to society. It will better the environment and the health of individuals.” - Andrew Diprose
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- What are electricides and how does it work in agriculture?
- Why Andrew believes electricides are the best alternative to herbicides.
- What inspired him to come up with the idea of inventing electricides.
- What makes electricides different from using fire and other thermal methods?
- How electricides are energy efficient and where the energy comes from.
- Why electricides won’t adversely affect general soil health.
- The type of plants they aim to use the technology initially.
- The current stage the technology is currently in and when it is expected to become available commercially.
- How Andrew envisions agriculture looking differently in the future.
- With soil contamination being rampant all over the world, the need for a localized yet efficient and sustainable herbicide is critical.
- Electricides protect crops from unwanted vegetation without collateral damage.
Connect with Andrew Diprose:
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
The Future of Agriculture Podcast is now part of the Farm and Rural Ag Network. Listen to more ag-related podcasts by subscribing on iTunes or on the Farm and Rural Ag Network Website today.
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting:
Future of Agriculture Website
AgGrad on Twitter
AgGrad on Facebook
AgGrad on LinkedIn
AgGrad on Instagram